Call centers are the mainstays of government customer service, handling thousands of citizen interactions on a daily basis. It is therefore no surprise that government want to ensure their call centers are working as efficiently as possible, and meeting expected quality standards. This paper discusses the measurement of call center performance, and why, despite well-established metrics, call center interactions continue to be a source of frustration for citizens.
Government call center use cases where proactive communication produces immediate returns in terms of delivering more effective services, time and savings, and better served citizens:
- Unemployment Claims, Workforce Upskilling and Unemployment Work Service Check-ins
- DMV Appointments
- Tax Payment Notifications and Collections
- SNAP Applications and Renewals
- Medicaid Applications and Renewals
- State Department Licensing Applications and Renewals